Company Guidelines and Regulations
The principles of responsible business operations and sustainable development are expressed in our Corporate Policy, which defines our general corporate philosophy and the conduct expected
of every single employee in relation to our stakeholders in a total of eleven guidelines.
The “Code of conduct – Code for integrity and compliance at LANXESS,” which is applicable throughout the Group, requires all our employees – across all organizational units, regions and hierarchy levels – to behave lawfully and with integrity. Through correct and proper conduct, each employee is required to contribute to preventing harm to LANXESS and increasing the company’s value over the long term. The code covers issues such as human rights, anticompetitive behavior, anti-corruption, data protection, occupational, product and plant safety, and environmental protection.
Other Group directives, such as the HSE directives and the guideline on incentives, define the specific application of regulations in the individual areas of compliance covered by the code and are binding on all employees throughout the Group. On the basis of these LANXESS directives, more detailed regulations that also take account of local requirements are defined at the operational level in standard operating procedures and process instructions, etc. The applicable directives, standard operating procedures and guidelines are accessible to all employees. Employees are also regularly informed of new and updated regulations relevant to them.
We expect our suppliers to commit to our values and rules, especially the U.N. Global Compact, the ILO Labor Standards and the upholding and promotion of fundamental rights of employees, and to establish adequate systems for ensuring legally compliant and responsible behavior. The LANXESS Supplier Code of Conduct is part of our communication with suppliers.
When selecting suppliers, we insist that they recognize the principles set out in the code or have established their own comparable rules and management systems in line with the U.N. Global Compact. In addition, we promote responsible action in the supply chain with our involvement in the Together for Sustainability initiative, which we operate jointly with 20 other international chemical companies.
Clear rules provide guidance
| || || |
|Clear rules provide guidance
- We are committed to optimizing the quality and safety of our products, services and operations, taking into account the interests of employees, customers, suppliers and other business partners, stockholders, the local community and society as a whole.
- Throughout the world, we apply a process-oriented, integrated management system that complies with the international ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards on quality and environmental management to efficiently achieve our clearly defined goals, continuously enhance our performance and further develop our company both successfully and sustainably.
- We see our employees as a source of added value and creativity at our company and encourage their awareness of the need to bring about improvement and their commitment to achieving this.
- Occupational health and safety take top priority to ensure the protection of our employees. We encourage and insist on compliance with health and safety and environmental directives at our sites worldwide. We use communication to strengthen our employees’ sense of responsibility for health and safety and the environment and encourage them to participate in training to make further progress in these areas.
- We consider it important to maximize safety in the operation of our facilities. We apply globally harmonized standards for process and plant safety, and regularly check compliance and effectiveness.
- We interpret product stewardship as our responsibility to continuously improve product safety for both man and the environment. Across the globe, we monitor the health-related and ecological implications of raw materials and products. We help our customers handle our products in a safe and environmentally responsible way and draw their attention to the risks associated with their use. We also require our suppliers and service providers to demonstrate a similar sense of responsibility.
- We are committed to protecting the climate. Our aim is to minimize harmful emissions and avoid them wherever possible. In doing so, we take into account the entire value added chain – from the use of raw materials, the generation and consumption of energy, and our plant and synthesis processes, to the products, their transport and delivery, and the recycling or disposal of products and raw materials.
- We are committed to responsible and extensive protection of the environment and we are continuously improving our environmental performance. We carry out research into and develop environmentally friendly products and processes to prevent potential environmental impact. We publish reports on our progress in this regard.
- We aim to act as an expert partner for our customers, taking into account our management guidelines. We endeavor to identify our customers’ expectations at an early stage, respond rapidly to their needs and thus maintain and enhance customer satisfaction on an ongoing basis.
- We view our suppliers and service providers as partners whose expertise and reliability are just as important in the supplier selection process as compliance with our corporate principles.
- We create trust in our corporate activities through open and respectful communication with our customers, employees, suppliers, stockholders and creditors, the authorities and the public.